Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sea World Trip #1

I am SO behind on blogging what's been going on in our lives, but the month of May has already been so busy! We started the month with our first Sea World trip of the summer (we bought season passes this year, so we'll be taking the kids several times). We drove to my parents' house and stayed with them and then drove to Sea World on two separate days (they live about an hour and a half from Sea World). It was also a special weekend because it was Mother's Day weekend, and I actually got to spend part of it with my mom :)

Anyway, I didn't get very many pictures at Sea World this first time because I was usually having to either push the stroller or man the 3-yr old. We did get some awesome video of the shows on our video camera, though. The first day we were there, we saw the sea lion show and the Shamu show, the shark exhibit, and the "Penguin Encounter." Rachael loved the shows, especially Shamu, and even Ryan sat on my lap, engaged in what was going on. Rachael was captivated by it all. They liked the aquariums and seeing the dolphins being fed, but during the "Penguin Encounter," Rachael was way more fascinated by the moving walkway we were on than the actual penguins. I'm pretty sure that's a 3-yr old for you.

The second day we were at Sea World, Rachael wanted to see the sea lion show again as well as the Shamu show. She tried out the roller coaster for the first time--the Shamu Express ride, which was the only ride she's tall enough to ride. She was pretty quiet through the whole ride, so we weren't sure if she liked it. But when it came to a stop, she said, "I want to do that AGAIN!" She loved it! We rode it several times with her. We also saw the dolphin show this day, which both kids loved-- Rachael especially, because it not only featured dolphins, but it also had these incredible divers who she said "did gymnasgets," which were really these amazing leaps and dives into the water from great heights above us. Towards the end of the day, the sun made an appearance (it had been misty and overcast all day), so we let the kids play in the splash pad area. No pictures were taken during this time because it was all we could do to keep track of the two of them in there. Ryan did manage to escape the splash pad area once, but I chased him down. That kid will be the end of me in that regard, I think.

Anyway, here are a few shots that I got of this first trip:

















No comments: