Then we were off to school. Things work a little differently now that she's in preschool instead of a Mother's Day Out program. We wait in a carpool line, and she gets dropped off at the entrance of the school and escorted to her classroom by one of the teachers. Here's a picture of Rach showing her name tag while we wait for drop-off to begin.
When the teacher came to open her door and walk her into the building, I was all smiles-- giving her my love and encouragement to have a great day. But I'll admit, upon driving away, I was really surprised that I felt tears coming to my eyes (although I was able to hold them back). After all, it's just preschool; it's not like she's going to kindergarten 5 days a week. But there was something touching and a little heart-wrenching about seeing her go off with someone else to her classroom; she looked so small and unsure. (Normally I would be walking her in and dropping her off at her classroom if it was just a Mother's Day Out program.) Anyway, I promised her a Sonic slushie if she was a good girl at school today. So it looks like that's where we're going after naps this afternoon.
Ryan was not thrilled after we dropped "Dee-daw" (Ryan-speak for Rachael... don't ask, because I don't know...) off at school. He cried for a couple of minutes, although it's more likely that he thought he was missing out on something fun. He asked about her several times this morning, and when we got back in the car to go get her, he said, "I want Dee-daw," as if he knew that's where we were going, even though I hadn't told him.
Speaking of Ryan, he'll start going to Mother's Day Out on Thursdays. So I'll have a little me-time those mornings. Time for shopping, reading, cleaning, shopping, going to the store, setting up for MOPS, shopping... just kidding, Honey. Don't worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment