Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentine's Play Date

Last week our play group met to let the kids decorate sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. Rachael had a ball doing this; you know, anything to do with food, and she is SO there! She told her daddy later that day that she had "made cookies." It was so cute to see her with all her little friends--all of them making messes with cookie decorations, icing all over their little faces and fingers, trying to take one another's cookies... okay, so it was mainly Rachael trying to take her friends' cookies. I pretty much let her do what she wanted decorating the cookie, and I let her eat the whole thing afterwards (bad mistake; can we say "sugar high?"). But I had to draw the line when I caught her with the icing spatula, about to dip in to the icing, and eat it by itself. That just seemed wrong. Here's a picture of that moment...




OK, here's the finished product; let's taste it to see if it's any good.


Rachael with her friend Grant. After she gets through eating her cookie, she'll try to take his.


See? Here's Rachael eyeing Grant's cookie...

Thanks to my friend Emily for taking all these great pictures. I had forgotten my camera that day, so I appreciate her for taking these and sending them to me. Her son is Grant, by the way, the one whose cookie Rachael tried to steal.

No comments: