It's sad that I won't be needing a high chair again. Oh well, at least I still have the stroller... and the crib-- I'm going to keep him in that until he's 5. That way he'll have to stay my baby. Just kidding. By the time Rachael was the age he is now (22 months today), she'd already been sleeping in her big girl bed for about 3 months. We had to transition her out of necessity when we needed the crib for her little brother. Oh, and he's still in diapers--that's evidence of babydom, too. As much as it'll be nice when I'm no longer changing poopies, I'm sure I'll cry when we move away from that stage, too.
It's hard to leave every stage behind with your last child, but the new stages we get to experience are fun, too. Ryan knows all his uppercase letters and is starting to recognize some of the lower ones. He knows some of his numbers and is learning lots of shapes. He's communicating more and more and is playing with Rachael more. And Rachael, well, that girl is so much fun at 3 1/2. She has such a great sense of humor (see the pics below) and loves to play games and have adventures. But I know that even as they grow up, they'll always be my babies, and I'll treasure these memories of them in my heart forever.
Anyway, Ryan still doesn't grasp the concept of how a fork is most effectively used to get food into the mouth. Even though I try to tell him that forks need to go in horizontally, and he's seen food flip off his fork countless times, he still holds it like this:
And of course, if you're taking pictures of him, there's another one in the house posing and begging, "Take a picture of me!!" So we get a sweet one...
And one where she's trying to be "serious."
Man, I'm crazy about these kids.
1 comment:
Wow, he's out of the high chair already! I can't believe he's already almost 2!
Post a Comment