Monday, February 28, 2011

Lovin' This Weather!

So we're not really sorry to see winter go. (Of course, as soon as I type this a cold front will arrive.) But we've really been enjoying the beautiful weather we've had lately. The kids LOVE to play outside, so we've really tried to take advantage of how nice it's been.

This past week we discovered that Ryan has been getting one of his bottom two-year molars in, and it's making him really cranky-- he obviously isn't feeling very good. Fortunately, playtime outside is usually a good distraction. Rachael's favorite thing to do is swing, and Ryan is getting pretty good at climbing the rock wall on the play set. One funny thing that happened a couple of days ago was that I was trying to teach him how to kick a soccer ball. I'm thinking, he's a boy; I need to start teaching him "boy stuff." So we tried swinging a bat at a t-ball (he didn't really get that), and then we started kicking the soccer ball. After just a couple of kicks he said, "I wan go see fou-wers!" (flowers) Oh well, so much for boy stuff. On that day, he was more interested in the little yellow flower weeds. Here I think they're just enjoying chalking up the patio, being little artists.











More cute outdoor pictures to come soon (I just haven't had time to upload them from my camera), plus some fun pictures of my sister's visit last weekend. My kids had lots of fun playing with their cousins, and I think between the two of us, we got some good pics.

No comments: