Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally Better

Well, after almost a month of being sick, Rachael is finally better! Hooray! I had to take both kids to the doctor last week, and she was diagnosed as having bronchitis. So after 5 days of antibiotics, the kid is finally well. Ryan is still a little congested, but we don't know if that's due to a cold, allergies, acid reflux, or something called "floppy airway." He goes to the doctor for his two-month appointment on Thursday. Last week he weighed a little over 11 lbs, so we'll see how much he weighs this week.

We're going down to Portland this weekend to visit Nana and Papa, so we're looking forward to that. We haven't been anywhere since before I was pregnant because I wasn't allowed to travel during the pregnancy. It'll be nice to spend some time with family this weekend; hopefully the kids will do well on the drive. We're planning on giving Rachael some childrens' Dramamine to hopefully curb the carsickness.

Not much else is going on. Here are a couple of new pics; Rachael finally sat still and smiled for the camera. Usually I catch her on the move and get a picture of her back as she's running away.




Here's also a little video of Ryan talking to me. He's starting to coo and vocalize a lot more now. He starts off happy in this video, but then things head south. Stick around to see the classic Ryan pouty face at the end. No one pouts better than this boy; I've never seen a bottom lip stick out so far.

1 comment:

Kara said...

love the pics and the video...cole is also starting to talk to me more. it is so sweet, but I can barely hear him over the other two yahoos! have a safe trip, traveling with two little ones is fun :)