Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trip to Portland

This past weekend we had the opportunity to take a trip down to Portland to see Mark's mom and dad. It was the first trip we'd taken in over a year, since I wasn't allowed to travel during my pregnancy. Needless to say, we were excited to get to leave town and go visit family for an extended weekend.

We left last Thursday night after dinner and were able to make it to Portland without Rachael throwing up, although we had a couple of close calls. I guess the Dramamine really does work! We had a great time visiting with everyone, playing cards, and just hanging out. We also took the kids to Indian Point Pier to look at the ocean, birds, etc. Rachael was mainly interested in the little cracks in the pier where she could look through and see the water. The cutest thing was when she tried to go talk to a pelican perched on the railing; it flew off, and she ran off chasing it, yelling, "Wait for me!!!!" We had to laugh at that one. I wish I could've gotten a picture of her, but I had my hands full holding Ryan.

We came back home Sunday evening, again making it all the way home without any throw-up incidents. We were so thankful for that. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Now we're looking forward to Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks!



Rachael with Daddy at Indian Point Pier


Ryan with Nana


Cute one of Ryan smiling at Nana



Ryan getting comfy with Papa

2 comments:

Kara said...

cute pics, glad you guys had a good time and no throwing up...that is the worst :)

desertaggies said...

didn't realize you hadn't done any traveling during your pregnancy. glad you got out of town even if it was just portland! :) looking forward to seeing you this weekend