Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dewberry Farms

So on Monday, my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group decided to meet at Dewberry Farms for a group play date. Mark and I took the kids last year, and Rachael had a lot of fun, so I decided to be brave and go it alone with them this year. My first mistake. So we get out there and the first thing the group decides to do is to take the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. As you can see, my kids are thrilled to be on the hayride.



Our hayride comes to a stop in the pumpkin patch. On the right side of the road is a field full of big pumpkins. On the left side of the road, there are no pumpkins to be seen with the naked eye; however, if you look hard enough, you might be able to find a tiny orange speck of a pumpkin here and there. Well, you guessed it. Our hayride driver told us we needed to stay on the left side of the road because they had over 1000 kids coming through there that day, and those kids needed to have access to the pumpkins on the right side of the road. At this point, I'm thinking, "Did I not pay for access to these pumpkins, too?" But whatever. We'll make the best of it. Rachael found a pumpkin... her first words: "It's wet." She didn't want to pick it up, but I made her hold it for the picture.



Then comes some real fun with pictures on the tractor.




Our hayride then returns to the main part of the farm, so we go to the kiddie playground area. Ryan has a ball here because I let him out of the stroller, and he's free to wander. This means crawling on hands and knees, getting his jeans nice and dirty. For some reason, he walks when he's inside, but he wants to crawl when he's outside. But you can see the smile on his face in this picture as he's making his getaway.



These next two pictures made me giggle because you can see Ryan making his escape while Mommy is busy taking sister's picture. He's probably thinking, "She's not watching me... now's my chance! I'll soon be FREE!"



In case you can't see him, he's the baby in the left of the picture, headed away on the sidewalk.






Rachael gets to feed the goats.


Obviously happy to be posing for a cute picture on this rock, with the cute farm background. Hey, we're making memories here. We want to be able to go back and remember how much fun we had on this day!


Saying, "Hi, horsies!"




My evil plan worked! I wore them out at Dewberry Farms, and they couldn't help but fall asleep in the car on the way home!


I think next year I'll have Mark go with me. It would have been much easier and a lot more fun had he been with us.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What are you talking about, a lot more fun with Mark going? The kids looks like they had a BLAST!!! ;P