Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Last week we went to the zoo with a few of our playgroup friends. The weather was perfect to be outside, and apparently a thousand of our closest Houstonian friends agreed with us because the zoo was packed that day (it was Spring Break). The kids' favorites were the giraffes, elephants, monkeys, big cats, and especially requested by Rachael-- the snakes... *Mommy shudders at the thought. I can't understand this kid's fascination with snakes, but for those of you who have spent time with us recently, you know she likes to talk about them a LOT. Out of the blue, "Mommy, let's talk about snakes." Okay...


Ryan: "Whoaaaa..."


Rachael: "Why is he sitting down?"


Rachael: "What's he doing? Why is he outside?"


Ryan: "Cheeeeese."


Rachael, taking a break from her thousands of questions, to actually smile for a photo-op.


Rachael: "He's silwy..."




They loved watching the fish. Rachael told me on the way home that "jelwy fish grab onto your hands and don't let go." I don't know where she heard that.


Rachael: "He's going AAAAHHHH!"


Rachael was fascinated by this little guy. I've got the heebie-jeebies just looking at this picture.

Oh, and one other funny note about the snakes. For some reason, Rachael couldn't find the reticulated python in its cage. Mind you, this is the largest snake in the world. It was right up against the front window of its cage, all curled up. But I guess she couldn't find its head, and she couldn't distinguish that the big, fat, dare I say HUGE thing in the front was the actual snake. I didn't get a picture of that one. It probably wouldn't fit on the screen anyway. Anyway, it was a fun day with the kids. I'm hoping we get to do more fun things like this during the summer.

1 comment:

desertaggies said...

I know it will be hot but it would be so much fun to go to the zoo together. We will definitely go more than once while we are home this summer. Could be a "kids of 'Cool kids'" event ;)