Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Haircut

So today was the big day. The day for the first hair cut, the day we said goodbye to baby boy curls. The first day of forever for big boy hair. I'm thinking, "How bad could this be? Sure, he's going through a new phase of separation anxiety. He doesn't like strangers, he doesn't like to be held down... but surely, it couldn't be that bad, right?" Wrong. In a word, it was horrible. See exhibit A.

Exhibit A.

This is the 'Before' shot.

This kid nearly cried himself sick. I felt the need to apologize to everyone in the room for having to endure the screaming for what felt like an eternity but what was probably only 10-15 minutes. Worse than that, I felt like the most horrible mom-- holding my son in a bear hug, sometimes a choke hold-- subjecting him to this terrible torture session. He kept looking at me like, "Why?????"








I think this is probably one of the most pathetic pictures ever taken of my son. It makes me want to cry every time I see it.


Almost done. We're in a state of nuclear rage at this point.


Here's the 'After' shot, where he's happy again. We'd gone to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and he had some time to play.



Rachael got in on the haircut action also. This was only her second haircut ever. At first she was a little unsure about it all, especially with the racket her brother was making. But tootsie rolls make everything better.









All I have to say is, Daddy, if you're reading this, you're taking the kids next time.

1 comment:

Kara said...

sorry jen, but that gave me a good chuckle! we start the buzz cuts early and actually the younger they are the better they do around here. Maybe Ryan will be the opposite and get used to it more as he gets older! chances are he won't remember the torture so you didn't scar him for life :) sorry you had an emotional day!