Monday, April 12, 2010

The Bluebonnet Field

Two years ago, when Rachael was about 15 months old, we tried bluebonnet pictures for the first time. I was so excited to finally be able to take part in this Texas tradition-- dressing your child up in something really cute and taking the adorable bluebonnet pictures. This is how they turned out that year:



We managed to get a couple of cute ones, but I had to constantly be holding her; she didn't like the feel of the tall flowers and weeds on her bare legs. Needless to say, with her continuous crying and my experience being nothing like what I had imagined and hoped for, I left the bluebonnet field in tears that year. My friends who were with me can attest to this. In my defense, I was about 4, maybe 4 1/2 months pregnant at the time, so I can't be held fully responsible for my emotional state.

Last year we didn't get bluebonnet pictures with the kids. There was never a good weekend for us to go; we were either busy, or the weather was bad. It just didn't work out.

So this year, I was determined to have a better experience and get cute bluebonnet pictures of both my kids. We lucked out with good weather, and although Rachael is still not fond of bluebonnets creeping up her legs, we managed to get some beautiful pictures of her. Ryan was a little harder to capture--he just wanted to run in the fields. But here are a few of my favorites (I posted a bunch more on Facebook):



























1 comment:

Kara said...

so cute! they are growing up too fast!