Friday, April 2, 2010

Ryan's 18-month Pictures

So last week I tried to take Ryan to Portrait Innovations for his 18-month pictures. And yes, he is now 19 months old; I was a little behind in the game. I got him all dressed up in a really cute shirt and even had his A&M jersey with me that I was going to change him into for some extra pictures. I was imagining all these really cute shots of Ryan holding the football and giving me a big "cheeeeeese." Yeah, that didn't happen. Think back to my post about his first hair cut. This experience was similar to that one. Anytime we got anywhere near the backdrop or a photographer got too close, he cried. He screamed. He clinged. That's not a word, is it. He clung. They weren't able to snap off even one picture, so we called it a day. I was frustrated.

I called my friend Emily who takes great pictures, and I asked if she'd be willing to do an outdoor photo session with Ryan. He loves being outside; I figured she could follow him around with the camera and get some cute pictures. I was right. While he wouldn't sit still and pose for the camera (at least not for very long), she was able to get some cute ones of him. I think he is adorable in this little outfit. Anyway, here they are... (thanks, Emily).













3 comments:

Yarbrough Family said...

Hey Jen! I was so glad you posted a comment to our blog because I was able to trace my way to yours! You are now on my "favorites" so I will be able to follow you more closely! Loved seeing pictures of your kiddos, wow how life has changed for both of us since we lived in Houston:-) Loved Ryans recent pics, he is HANDSOME!!!! Miss you guys, tell Mark Hi from all of us too! Amy Y.

Amanda said...

Wow, those really did come out great! I'm glad you decided to do that - those kinds of photo shoots are always so much better than the studio ones, I think!

desertaggies said...

I agree with Mandy- I think these photos are so much better than the studio ones. Great pics. Can't wait to see you guys this summer. btw, did anyone post pics of "cool kids"?