Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Princess Turns Five!!

It seems like I have to start out each blog post with this disclaimer, but like always, I'm behind on blogging. I'm just now getting around to posting pictures from Rachael's 5th birthday.

First of all, let's just take a look back at the little princess on the day she was born. Sweet, isn't she.




The princess now-- still as sweet as she was on the day she was born, but a little more crazy at times.

We had her birthday party at a bounce house and invited friends from school, church, soccer, etc. The kids had a great time, and several of the parents thanked us for wearing out their children that afternoon.


Rachael with her friends Grace and Robby, both from preschool.



As the guest of honor, she gets to sit on the throne. How did they know she was a princess?



Blowing out the candles on her princess birthday cake. Do you see a theme here?



The princess, with members of her entourage.



Opening presents from us on her actual birthday.


It's hard to believe that this little one is five, even harder to believe that in another month we'll be registering her for kindergarten. Before I sign off on this post, I want to share her answers to our annual interview regarding her favorites.


Favorite colors: pink, purple, blue

Favorite book: Ladybug Girl

Favorite animal: dog

Favorite game: Princess Yahtzee (although if I were to ask her this question today, she'd probably change her answer to Strawberry Shortcake Memory)

Favorite toy: dolls

Favorite song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star; and the music on her new jewelry box (Fur Elise)

Favorite drink: juice, chocolate milk

Favorite movie: Tinkerbell

Favorite snack: cranberries

Favorite fruit: apples

Favorite TV show: Bubble Guppies

Favorite outfit: princess clothes

Fave breakfast: pancakes

Fave lunch: PB&J

Fave cereal: Fruit Loops

Fave thing to do outside: play in my backyard

What do you want for dinner on your birthday? sausage, mac & cheese

What do you want to be when you grow up? Policeman. (Her first answer was doctor, but she changed it to policeman.)

No comments: