This past weekend I took Rachael and Ryan with me to Austin for my niece Lauren's 3rd birthday party. It was my first overnight trip with the kids by myself, and it was filled with adventure from start to finish. Highlights include Rachael throwing up in the car on the way there (spent 20 minutes in Elgin trying to clean it all up) and encountering a car accident on the way home that was so bad I had to turn around and head back to Austin for another night. In the midst of what was turning out to be a lot for me to handle by myself, there were a few things that made the weekend and entire trip worthwhile. One was visiting with my sister and her family and watching Rachael and Lauren play together. The other was seeing my son Ryan smile for the first time. It was enough to melt my heart and make me forget about my exhaustion and the other difficult things I'd been dealing with. Since this first smile was an unexpected event, I didn't have the camera handy, but I took this photo two days later. This is Ryan smiling...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute is he?!?! Glad you made the trip! I too, am leaving tomorrow with the 3 kids alone. I am a little nervous about the drive. But if I can just make it the 3 hours, Gigi, Pops, and Aunt Jana will be there to rescue me! I figure each one will take a kid and I will be free to nap!
What a precious milestone! Can't wait to meet him!
What a GREAT smile!! I saw your blog on Aimee's and just had to check it out...your kiddos are absolutely adorable!
Love,
Jennifer
Post a Comment