Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rachael's Black Eye

I know it has been forever since I posted last, but things have been crazy lately. We were out of town all last week for the Thanksgiving holiday--I'll post pictures from that when I get more time. The whole family has been sick in some way or another--Rachael had a stomach virus that had her throwing up the weekend before Thanksgiving, Mark had a stomach bug that lasted 4 days through the holiday week, and Ryan and I both had head colds complete with cough and congestion.

The story for today's post, though, happened on Monday when I was unpacking some things from our trip. I was putting some card games away in the top drawer of the end table when Rachael came running up behind me, and before I could catch her, fell face-first into the end table. This was the result:



I still don't know how it happened; it was so fast, and because she came up behind me, I didn't see what caused her to fall--whether she tripped on something or simply lost her balance. I just wish I could've caught her in time. We're just thankful she didn't hit and do damage to her eye. She cried for about 10 minutes but then was more mad at me trying to put ice on it. It doesn't seem to be affecting her now, though; she was in a pretty good mood all day yesterday. These pictures were taken yesterday morning.



I do intend to post some pictures from our week at my parents' house in the hill country. Rachael enjoyed playing with her cousin Lauren, and we had a great time the day we all went to Lost Maples state park. Also, Mom's Thanksgiving dinner was scrumptious! I wonder how many pounds I gained last week from all the pieces of cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, chocolate pecan pie.... you get the idea.

No comments: