Monday, February 20, 2012

52 Week Photo Project: Week 7 (Special VALENTINE'S edition!)

These are actually last week's photos, but I hadn't had the chance to get them uploaded until now. Last Monday the kids decorated sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. Rachael has done this before, but it was Ryan's first time. He's excited although a little unsure as to what he's supposed to do.




It was my mistake just handing him the sprinkles. I should've given him a little more instruction.



Now, he's a either a little perplexed or totally pumped about eating his cookie in its current condition. It's hard to say which.



Needless to say, we did pour some of those sprinkles off. It was a *bit* much. Rachael, on the other hand, is a pro at pouring sprinkles. If she got that much on her cookie, it's because that's how she planned it.




Don't you just love special occasions that call for decorating and indulging in the sweet stuff?






Pink hands, from smearing sprinkles around on cookies.


YUM!

So then, the rest of these pictures were actually taken on Tuesday, Valentine's Day. We were all in great moods because Daddy had just gotten back from nearly 5 days in Brazil. The kids had been playing outside, waiting for his return, and once he got home, we gave the kids their Valentine's gifts. We don't go crazy getting lots of stuff for our kids on this particular holiday; we just get them a "little something" to say "I love you." This year they each got a small box of chocolates, a book, and a harmonica-- I know, you're thinking, "Random!" but they've actually been asking for them, especially Rachael. She figured out how to play hers right away; Ryan is still trying to figure his out.







What is this face? Looks like his daddy here... I'm just sayin'...







Maybe someone should tell him it works best if his mouth is closed. It's hard to play the harmonica while laughing. Or so I've heard.



No comments: