Tuesday, February 28, 2012

52 Week Photo Project: Week 8--the ZOO

Well, for as much as we were in a drought last year, February has brought the rain! It has probably rained more in this one month than it did all of last year combined. So last week, we took advantage of a beautiful, sunny day and went to the zoo. We called up Rachael and Ryan's Aunt Cherish and cousin Bree, all piled in the car, and headed downtown. It's fun to see Bree show up in this week's (or, I guess I should say, last week's) photos for the photo challenge.


Do I really need to caption this? Ok, here goes. "Watching the Elephants"


Turns out, getting three kids to all look at the camera at the same time is even more difficult than getting two kids to look.


Ahhh, success.


Stopping to rest and have snacks. I think we'd only been at the zoo for maybe 30 minutes before they all started asking for snacks. It's funny, but I remember this happening at Disney World, also. We'd get to the park, ride a couple of rides, and then the kids would be asking for snacks. I remember thinking, "We're at DISNEY WORLD, and all you guys can think about is food? REALLY?" But such is the life of a mom of preschoolers.


I'm including this pic of the jaguar because he's usually hiding. I think this is the first time he's ever been laying out in the open like this. Beautiful, isn't he.


This "posing with the rhino" is getting to be a zoo tradition. I'll have to bring my kids back in 5 years and then maybe in 10 years, and get them to re-enact this shot for comparison purposes. I know I've already taken this photo on at least 2, maybe 3, different occasions.


My son "posing with the rhino"

I was glad we got to go to the zoo again. The kids really had a good time. It won't be too long before it's too hot to be out all day, and after that, my oldest child will be in school all day every day. These opportunities to do special things with both of them together, during the week, are fleeting.

No comments: