Child A, on the patio, in socks and jammies.
Said Child A, testing the boundaries and sticking her foot (in socks) out on the wet grass.
Child B, after seeing what his older sister was doing, decided he also needed to see if the grass was really wet. It's POURING down rain, mind you.

Ok, the socks have come off, and now both children are out in the rain. Getting drenched. I can't remember the last time I heard so much laughing and squealing. In their defense, they did ask my permission before running out there. In my defense (because Mark's first question to me was, "Why didn't you take them out into the front yard? Why the back yard, with the muddy puddles?"), I hadn't planned on this progression of events. We had originally just gone out to listen to the rain on the covered back porch. It just kind of went from there.

Note the look of glee.

Rachael found the place in the yard where water kind of collects because of where the rain gutters empty.

More glee.
Ok, the socks have come off, and now both children are out in the rain. Getting drenched. I can't remember the last time I heard so much laughing and squealing. In their defense, they did ask my permission before running out there. In my defense (because Mark's first question to me was, "Why didn't you take them out into the front yard? Why the back yard, with the muddy puddles?"), I hadn't planned on this progression of events. We had originally just gone out to listen to the rain on the covered back porch. It just kind of went from there.
Note the look of glee.
Rachael found the place in the yard where water kind of collects because of where the rain gutters empty.
More glee.
Ryan found the muddy puddle.
Needless to say, both kids thanked me repeatedly for letting them play out in the rain. They both had a BLAST, and I felt like I earned some serious MOM points with them. However, I think it's also important to note the muddy pajamas did NOT come in the house. I didn't lose ALL reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment