One of these days I'm going to finish blogging about the Colorado vacation and will be able to move on to other things we've done this summer! So in the interest of getting closer to that goal, here are some pictures from our day at Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. This park was a little over an hour's drive from the town of Gunnison where we were staying. We packed a picnic lunch and headed out. We spent the day driving around to the different lookout points, hiking short trails, driving down into the canyon by the river, and in general, wearing out the kids. This place was just one more example of the beauty found in this state. I had no idea this canyon even existed! Anyway, here are a few of the many pics I took that day.
Ok, so I obviously didn't take this pic.
Ryan continuing on with his posing
Our little visitor at lunchtime. He really was this close.
This was our picnic spot. It was hot, but the view was worth it.
Rachael, "gigging it"
The all-important silly face picture
Me and my favorite girl
She climbed up on this rock all by herself; she was so proud!
Down by the river at the bottom of the canyon-- Daddy taking the kids to throw rocks into the water.
One more picture of the gorgeous view.
1 comment:
gorgeous scenery! love the chipmunk
Post a Comment