Monday, January 12, 2009

First Bites of Cereal

Last weekend Ryan had his first taste of rice cereal. At first he wasn't sure what to think of it and kind of got this look on his face like, "Eww, gross, get that out of my mouth, or I'll gag." And then he did gag. But after thinning it out to the consistency of water, he started to get the hang of swallowing it. For the first go-around, I think we had more dribbling down the chin and onto the bib than in the mouth and down into the tummy, but he's getting better and better each time. He's eating more and more of the cereal now and seems to really like it. Here are some photos from that first cereal meal:



Ryan is excited about what's about to happen, even though he doesn't know what's about to happen. By the way, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more adorable than this. Well, come to think of it, his sister is just as precious, but I'm not biased or anything.


He says, "Hmm, what is this?"


Ryan opens his mouth to say, "Ahhh, I like it; more, please!"


We're savoring it now...


By George, I think he likes it!

1 comment:

Kara said...

cute stuff, cole didn't get so in to it, so we switched to the mixed grain stuff. carter had to do the same, but now we are good to go! Cole just finished a bowl of it with some pears this am for breakfast! ryan is very cute! wish we were closer so the boys could all play!