Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Playing House

It has been so much fun to watch Rachael and Ryan interact with one another. Rachael is a sweet big sister, quick to share her toys with Ryan and keep him entertained. She is quick on the draw with the burp cloth whenever she sees Ryan drooling or spitting up (although by the look of things in these pictures, she missed an opportunity or two), and she makes sure he always has a toy to hold--even when he may not want it. As much as Rachael loves her little brother, Ryan is equally enthralled with his sister. His eyes light up whenever she comes over to talk to him, and he watches her every move with great interest.

So it was so much fun and really warmed my heart to capture this moment in time, hopefully the first of many--Rachael and Ryan playing house together with the Little People. Ryan had been on his blanket and apparently, upon getting bored and deciding to find something new to do, rolled his way over to the house and started to play (i.e., put stuff in mouth). Rachael, who up to this point had shown no interest in playing with her house that day, immediately came over and started to play with him. This entertained them both for a really long time; it was AWESOME. I actually got some things done.


Ryan, getting very excited and happy about something (it doesn't take much)


Playing together


Rachael doesn't seem to mind that Ryan is practically inside the Little People House. She just kept handing him people to hold and telling him what to do. I think at this moment she was showing him how to ring the telephone in the house.


Having a blast with Little People


And another pic showcasing the adorable Ryan smile

If it seems like I have more pictures of Ryan smiling for the camera these days than Rachael, it's probably because Rachael is going through a phase right now where she runs from the camera yelling, "No picture" whenever I try to get shots of her. I have to be like a nature photographer and sneak pictures from across the room when she doesn't know I'm watching.

No comments: