Monday, March 2, 2009

Trip to Austin

Last week the kids and I took a trip to Austin to visit my sister and her family for a few days. It was great because my mom also got to come and stay with us for part of the time. The drive to and from Austin was blessedly uneventful this time (thanks to orange-flavored Dramamine tablets for Rachael). She had so much fun seeing "Gammaw, Mandy, and Noren"! The girls played really well together (for the most part), although we had a few minor toy disputes. I just wish my family lived closer so I could see them more often. Time with them is always so precious but too short. Anyway, here are some pictures showing highlights of the kids' time together.


Ryan being cuddled by Grandma


Rachael playing in the sandbox


More sandbox fun--boy, I think we found sand in her diaper; it was everywhere!


Swinging--actually, both girls are saying, "Whee..." Is that how you spell "whee"?


Dressing up like princesses (don't know what she's doing on the floor, though)


I can't even begin to tell you how much fun she had on the trampoline; we may have to invest in one of these. She especially liked it when Grandma bounced her.


Princess Rachael and Fairy Princess Lauren


Grandma took this picture of my babies, and I think it's really sweet how they're looking at each other.

No comments: