Monday, June 1, 2009

Vacation in North Carolina (Part 1)



I'm going to post this vacation in parts because I have lots of neat pics to share, and I don't have time to do it all at once. The clock is counting down till Ryan wakes up from his nap, and Rachael's show is only so long.

So we went to North Carolina for about 10 days on vacation, and we had such a good time! We stayed with Mark's Uncle Rod & Aunt Patty in Charlotte for a few days--got to relax, hang out, and go out on the boat. They have a beautiful house on the lake with a private dock. The picture above was taken at sunset standing at the end of their dock. I think the artist did a great job with that picture; it's breath-taking. Or maybe it's not the artist that did great, but the Creator! North Carolina is such a pretty part of the country.

Anyway, Rachael had fun playing with a fishing rod until she threw it in the lake--Daddy got to dive in for it the next day. She also enjoyed feeding the fish and playing with the dogs, Peppers and Hannah.


Rachael with Aunt Patty, "fishing" off the dock


This was right before she chunked in the rod, I think.

Anyway, Mark had the opportunity to water ski, and he did great! Rachael liked to watch him, although she kept saying, "I watch Daddy skate!" (Not ski) Here are some pics of us in the boat. Ryan was not thrilled with the life jacket, as you can probably tell by his face in some of these shots. Oh, and Rachael really did have fun on the boat, despite what her face may be saying.












I was going to post some pics of our visit to the Carolina Raptor Center in Charlotte, but I've just run out of time. So I'll get to that in Part 2.

No comments: