Friday, June 5, 2009

Vacation in North Carolina (Part 3)

From Charlotte, we drove to Chapel Hill to visit our friends Ray and Aimee and their kids. They were gracious enough to let us stay with them for about 4 days. During the day, we entertained the kids, and at night after the kids were down, we stayed up late talking and playing games. We had a blast! Some of the highlights of our visit were taking the kids to Duke Gardens where they fed ducks, climbed on rocks, and rolled down grassy hills. We also saw Duke Chapel (pictured below). Another day we took the kids to a park to play, and the next day had a picnic lunch at a nature preserve where they got to throw rocks in the stream... I know, loads of fun! Here are some pics from our time in Chapel Hill:


Duke Chapel


Rachael, Reagan, and Ethan looking at tadpoles




Rolling down the hill









So all these pics were taken at Duke Gardens. I've run out of time for tonight, so I'll post the remaining pics from our trip another time.

1 comment:

Kara said...

It looks so pretty and cool there! Glad you had some fun! I love Duke Chapel...gorgeous!!!