Everything would've turned out all right had the day just ended there, but then the unthinkable happened. I was helping the photographer with Ryan, and Rachael was playing quietly behind me. In just a split second, without me seeing it happen, she had run out of the room and somewhere out in the store. One minute she's behind me, the next minute she is nowhere (and I mean nowhere) to be found. I was the frantic lady, running throughout JCPenney, calling out Rachael's name at the top of my lungs... they had called the Adam Code (missing child), so they had store employees covering all exits, and several employees and JCPenney customers were helping to look for her. After about 5 minutes of this frantic-ness, someone finds her and brings her to me... when she sees me, she says, "MOMMY!!!" I grabbed her up, was carrying her back to the portraits place, all the while crying, and she says, "What's wrong, Mommy? You sad?" Probably the most horrifying thing in my life... for those 5 minutes to not know where my child was... I can go a hundred years and not want to experience that ever again. I have said several prayers of thanks that Rachael was found safe.
Well, here are the photos we ordered. I'm hoping I can one day look at them and not be reminded of what all I went through to get them.










3 comments:
The pictures came out so great! But I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I remember that one lady in the mall that one time and how we were talking about hoping that would never happen to one of us. I'm glad they were on top of things and she was safe!
Oh my goodness Jen. Those pictures are precious. I love that first one of Ryan and I love how you did Rachael's hair... too cute! I seriously got choked up reading about what happened to Rachael. It could happen to anyone, but I hate that you had to go through that!! I am sure it had to be the most awful feeling ever. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Your pictures are adorable. I love the ones of them looking down. I had Eden's 3 month pictures done at Portrait Innovations. I was pleased, but may consider JC Penney next time.
Post a Comment